Saturday, November 04, 2006

Random Dumaguete Ponderings

A relaxing day at The Forest Camp, located outside of Dumaguete at the foot of Mt. Talinis(Above: The Forest Camp, located just outside of Dumaguete in Valencia. I am pictured here, along with Marilyn and her friend Ivy. Sadly, this was taken on my last full day in Dumaguete. The thought of impending goodbyes was beginning to form knots in my stomach at this point.)

The original intent of this blog was to provide (hopefully) interesting and thought-provoking narrative for my Dumaguete trip in 2005. Well, here we are, nearing the end of 2006, and I have yet to return to the City of Gentle People. This lack of travel has presented a quandary of sorts as I struggle to keep this blog fresh enough to appease those who may be repeat visitors. One solution, as evident by one of my prior two postings, is to comment on my current perceptions of Dumaguete. Another, of course, is to report on the ongoing process of obtaining Marilyn's fiancee visa. While I find it much easier to write about my excursions into Dumaguete, I will do my best to insure what whatever I write is engaging and intriguing. I do confess that some of the journaling I did shortly after returning from the Philippines has not yet been recorded in these entries, so there will be more "new" old stories to share, if that makes sense :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

The number one rule in blogging is write for yourself, not your audience. You will last a lot longer and meet more people like yourself this way.

With that said, it is glas to see that you are writing on here again and I look forward to reliving the visa process through you.... especially now that I can look back on it and laugh.

Monday, November 06, 2006 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger MeRL said...

Hi to you and Marilyn! I enjoyed reading your blogs and it feels good to know the positive perspectives of an American during his 'actual' stay in this humble city of Dumaguete. :)

You should have come, too, at this time of year. A lot of tourism activities are being prepared, in time for the city's charter day (or we call it fiesta). :)

Thursday, November 23, 2006 5:50:00 PM  
Blogger Corey said...

Hello Merl,

Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you enjoyed reading about my experiences. I'm sad that I have not seen Marilyn since my trip in 2005, but it is very therapeutic for me to keep writing about her and about Dumaguete.

Are you in Zamboanguita? You probably read my post about the day I spent there. If not, it can be found in the archives. Pag-ayo-ayo!

Thursday, November 23, 2006 6:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< An American in Dumaguete Home Page