Friday, December 15, 2006

No Shortage of Friends in Dumaguete

Over the course of two weeks in Dumaguete I was introduced to several of Marilyn's friends. Actually, it was much more than "several". I would meet them at dinner, after church, or simply running errands downtown. They were everywhere!

Indeed, friends are like family. Sure, there will be quarrels and disagreements from time to time, but close friends will always be there in the end. Marilyn is truly blessed in this regard. She has no shortage of friends in Dumaguete.

"...a friend loveth at all times..."
(Proverbs 17:17a)

Tags: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert Simms said...

Most of us in the U.S. don't keep up with the friends we grew up with...very often we don't even keep up with family.In Philippines you are surrounded by brothers,sisters,aunts,uncles,cousins;there's an almost never ending supply.I really prefer the lifestyle there but I can't make money there.

Sunday, December 17, 2006 7:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Family and friends do seem to be cherished much more in Dumaguete than in the U.S. I have a few really close friends, but after that there are only acquaintenances and former friends that I haven't spoken with for years. I know Marilyn will need to build up a strong base of friends here, and I'm hoping she can get in touch with other Filipinos. In fact, there is a family living a few buildings down from me whose parents graduated from Silliman. Marilyn likes to hear about this, since she also graduated from there :)

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 11:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< An American in Dumaguete Home Page