Friday, December 29, 2006

Long Road From Dumaguete to America, Pt. 3

Marilyn standing near the pier in Dumaguete, above.

I recently read a very inspiring blog from a Filipino woman who arrived in the U.S. with her American husband on Christmas Eve. She is originally from Davao City and has been taking in all of the nuances of southwestern Oregon these last few days. Though married since last February, she was granted a visa earlier this month.

As Marilyn and I contemplate our long road from Dumaguete to southern Ohio, I am blessed by the stories of others who have taken similar journeys. I know that the Lord orders our steps (Psalm 37:23), and that He is ultimately the driving force in our lives. I also know that an approval of Marilyn's visa is not guranteed. Instead of giving in to fear and worry about this, I am doing my best to rest in God's goodness. Perhaps He has plans for me in Dumaguete, though the idea of me living in the Philippines comes with its own list of obstacles and challenges. For now, we will continue the path upon which we have tread these past few months. Marilyn's visa petition shall be filed as soon as her forms complete the long journey from Dumaguete to the U.S...mere days from now.

I'm getting nervous...Heavenly Father, I need Your peace.

Tags: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert Simms said...

Hi Corey,
There's no need for you to be worried about her visa not being approved.I don't think they ever deny a fiancee visa if it's a legit application.This is your first one but BCIS sees milllions and they're pretty straight forward.
Of course,it is always best to put yourself in God's hands....you can't go wrong doing that.
B.T.W. nice photo.

Saturday, December 30, 2006 6:30:00 PM  
Blogger Corey said...

Well, we're just waiting on some forms that Marilyn sent almost two weeks ago to arrive from Dumaguete. Regular postal service takes about two weeks, but she "paid dearly" for expedited service...and it has almost been two weeks anyway.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 10:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< An American in Dumaguete Home Page